- Jalal-Abad State University (JASU) was founded on April 2, 1993 on the basis of already functioning educational institutions:
- pedagogical school was founded in 1926 and zoo veterinary technical school was formed in 1947 (Jalal-Abad city).
- branches of Frunze polytechnic institute in Kara-Kul were founded in 1963 ; in Tash-Komur was founded in 1990;
- an engineering technical school was founded in 1981 (Kochkor-Ata);
- an electromechanical technical school was founded in 1965 (Mailu-Suu).
Jalal-Abad State University (JASU) is the state higher educational institute and has great experience, traditions of preparing highly qualified specialists in the area of: philology education, natural studies, medicine, electronics, electric power production, and in the fields of industry, agriculture, information technology, industry, agriculture and others. Jalal-Abad State University (JASU) has 10 faculties such as :
- Natural studies;
- Philology and journalism;
- Philology of nations of CIS;
- Social humanities;
- International relations and world languages;
- Economic and business;
- Engineering technology;
- Information-communicative technology.
Currently 13000 students study at JASU, more than 700 teachers work, incl. 15 doctors of science and professors, and 116 candidates of science and docents. Producing specialists with high education in the following 54 fields and with secondary professional education in 12 fields.
Currently there are 5 faculties and 2 colleges in JaSU, with an enrollment of more than 4,300 students.Read more
The Jalal Abad State University Faculty of Medicine educates and inspires individuals to be exemplary...Read more
The Jalal Abad State University Faculty of Medicine aspires to be the nation’s premier 21st century college of medicine...Read more